Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can babies "look like" particular names?

When my second daughter was born, I was even more convinced I was having a boy. When the delivery room nurse asked me what I would name her, all that came to me was the boy's name we had chosen. I said, "Ian?"

That got laughs.

With a little sober second thought, we settled on Gillian, but after three days of getting to know our new daughter, both my husband and I felt that Gillian just wasn't the right name for her.

We went back to our list and settled on Elizabeth. We are all still very happy with that old and beautiful name, and I don't even mind so much anymore that most people call her "Liz"!

Makes me wonder ... do babies have personalities that you can see very early, and that affect their naming?
Apparently our daughter did -- or maybe it was all in our heads...?

No comments: